Sunday, December 14, 2008

Autumn Rush


With the fall season quickly coming to an end I wanted to take sometime and take a look back. For the last couple of months I've been taking a class at betterphoto.com "Portfolio Development" with William Neil. On a side note if anyone happens to read 'Outdoor Photographer' he has excellent editorials. The class was all about shooting with a theme in mind. At the start of the class I was really interested in waterfall theme, but being from Lancaster County it is pretty hard to develop that theme without having to do a lot of driving. So I began to narrow it down to shooting the angles that water hits the rocks. But I really started to focus on the leaves as well. Using different shutter speeds, times of day and weather conditions I was really pleased at the final presentation. I also really focused on getting in close and tight with the subject. Thankfully the only thing I dropped in the water was a lens cap!!!! All of the shooting took place in a 30 foot section of creek near the Holtwood Dam along the Susquehanna River. I wanted to keep to a small area to force creativity while maintaing a certain style and technique. On my website I have the theme in my gallery under the title of 'Autumn Rush.' I highly encourage you to visit and let me know what you think.
Nick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're getting slow on the blogs, man.