Sunday, March 15, 2009

Soft B&W with selective color


The nice part of being winter is being close to Longwood Gardens. On a dreary cloudy day you take a little trip down to the Longwood Conservatory which is always springing with life!I took this HDR image with my soft f/x filter in color but wanted to add more impact into the shot. So using gray scale mapping I converted it to black & white, but used selective color to bring out the flowers in the bottom. I think it's important to experiment like this to bring out the creativity in someone. But also can get to easy to go out and do the same thing you saw some else do. I hope you enjoy.
Good light
Nick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick, I didn't know you did all this, these pictures are awesome. Keep it up! I just saw these today. Got here through rach's blog.

Nick Dibernardo Photography said...

Thanks Val